Civil & Structural Engineer
InSite Technical Services are recruiting for a staff Civil and Structural Engineer to join our team in Pembrokeshire.
List of key responsibilities:
- · Undertake engineering activities as required for studies and projects.
- · Work within a wide range of projects within the energy, oil & gas, refinery sectors.
- · Collaborate with other disciplines as part of the project multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- · Undertake Client facing work on sites providing technical advice and operational support.
- · Develop technical documents and scope of work packages for projects.
- · Undertake design and checking of deliverables according to discipline and area of expertise.
- · Work to national and international design standards;
- · Use specialised CAD and design software for the development of Civil and Structural deliverables.
- · Attend in-house or site-based meetings and reviews. Liaising with Clients and managing their needs and expectations.
- · Undertake short and long-term business travel in support of studies, projects and site services.
- · Participate in consulting work when expertise level is appropriate.
Key competencies, skills and knowledge desired:
- · Knowledge of latest design standards including Eurocodes.
- · Understanding of CDM 2015 regulations.
- · Experience of working within a design consultancy and client facing;
- · Ability to develop structural designs from concept through to detailed design including:
- o Concrete Structures and foundations;
- o Structural Steel;
- o Drainage infrastructure;
- · Excellent Communication, team working and problem-solving skills.
- · Good level of numeracy, literacy and IT knowledge.
- · 5 plus years of working experience.
- · Achieved, or working towards Chartership with Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) and/or Institute of Structural Engineers (IStructE).
InSite Technical Services offer an excellent remuneration package including flexible working hours and generous holiday allowance.
We are a growing company based in Pembrokeshire. Known across the world for its legendary coastal scenery, and with Britain’s only coastal National Park, Pembrokeshire is an easy place to achieve that work/life balance goal.
Apply for this vacancy using the form below: