InSite Technical Services is recruiting for a Mechanical/Piping Designer to join our team in Pembrokeshire for ongoing projects.
The role is based on a rolling term contract, located at our offices in Pembroke Dock.
List of key responsibilities:
- Piping and process equipment design and layout, primarily for the oil and gas sector, but experience in other sectors useful.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team with engineers and designers, in the production of design deliverables for projects within the oil & gas and energy sectors.
- Production of 3D models in AutoCAD Plant 3D
- Production of 2D plant layout drawings in AutoCAD
- Drafting of P&ID’s in AutoCAD
- Running 3D model reviews
- Consideration of access requirements for maintenance and operability
- Occasional visits to sites in the UK may be required, including occasional overnight stays
- Site surveys including taking dimensional measurements
- Understanding of process requirements, ability to interpret process P&ID’s
- Understanding of piping specifications and ability to translate into piping isometrics
- Design of piping supports
- Checking of piping design documents, including checking isometrics against 3D plant models
- Working with 3D laser scanned data
- Familiar with piping code B31.3
Key competencies, skills and knowledge required:
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Products, particularly Plant3D. Experience of other AutoDesk AEC Collection products would be beneficial.
- Experience in the production of process piping 3D models, 2D equipment layouts, P&ID’s and piping isometrics Desirable
- Ability to work to a programme, a fixed work-hour budget and tight deadlines Technical Skills and Experience Essential
InSite Technical Services offer an excellent remuneration package including flexible working hours and generous holiday allowance.
We are a growing company based in Pembrokeshire. Known across the world for its legendary coastal scenery and with Britain’s only coastal National Park, Pembrokeshire is the perfect place to easily achieve that work/life balance goal.
Apply for this vacancy using the form below: