Senior Engineer / Engineer – Electrical
Excellent opportunities to join a leading engineering business during a period of continued growth as we support the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Renewable Energy and Nuclear sectors.
InSite Technical Services is recruiting a staff Senior Engineer / Engineer in Electrical to join our team in Pembrokeshire.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review of engineering documents such as calculations, specifications, philosophies, datasheets and drawings to ensure compliance with specification and functional integrity.
- Support preparation and carry-out checking of drawings including general arrangements, cables routes, block diagrams, single line diagrams.
- Liaise with clients, contractors and vendors
- Provide technical directions and inputs to Electrical Design personnel.
- Makes project technical decisions in coordination with Lead Electrical Engineer.
- Carry-out checking of discipline drawings.
- Co-ordinate Electrical activities with other disciplines.
- Attend internal and external project review meetings.
- Participate in technical review meetings, such as 3D model reviews, design reviews, HAZIDs, etc.
- Monitor changes in scope of work and raises change notification to the Lead Engineer or Project Manager.
- Ensure all deliverables are aligned with company and client procedures and applicable standards; ensure documents are originated, checked and approved by suitably competent personnel
- Input to project plans and schedules.
- Identification of scope of work required to undertake a project.
- Estimation of deliverables and hours required to deliver a project.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Engineering degree or relevant industry experience.
- Chartered Engineer status or working towards.
- Significant, demonstrable experience in detailed design engineering.
- Experience of carrying out cable sizing calculations using Amtech or similar software.
- Strong knowledge of HV systems (up to 11/33kV).
- Experienced in electrical studies including load studies, fault studies and protection co-ordination using ETAP or similar software is preferred.
- Familiar with ATEX requirements.
- Earthing design experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Lighting design experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant Industry Codes and Standards.
- Competent in the use of MS Office applications.
- Exposure to mentoring of junior team members and apprentices.
- Ability to work in South, West Wales.
- Must have the right to work in the UK.
If you have the skills, experience and drive to strengthen our team further, then we would like to hear from you.
Please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a competitive remuneration package along with a collaborative, supportive working environment.
- 10% company pension contribution.
- Private medical healthcare available after successful completion of probation period.
We are a growing company based in Pembrokeshire. Known across the world for its legendary coastal scenery, and with Britain’s only coastal National Park, Pembrokeshire is the perfect place to easily achieve that work/life balance goal.
Apply for this vacancy using the form below: