Technical Consultancy: Technology Selection
A large refinery required assistance with technology selection for the hydroprocessing element of their expansion programme.
InSite Technical Services assigned a senior consultant to the project. The consultant was based on-site with the client part-time for two months. During this period the scope of work included:
- Analysing licensor proposals
- Resolving queries and inconsistencies via e-mail and face to face interaction with licensors
- Following up references
- Narrowing the field of licensors and inviting revised proposals
- Reviewing the revised submissions
The output of the study included:
- Detailed evaluation table
- Technical report
- Preferred licensor and flowscheme identified
- Met with refinery management to seek endorsement of decisions
The client was satisfied with the consultancy provided by InSite Technical Services in facilitating their decision making process.